Sunday, September 25, 2005

Daddy Power

It's a rainy Sunday afternoon in Kentucky and I'm hangin' out with our 3 year old. He's absolutely amazing. He's a walking, talking, full of expressive life little human loaded with laughter and song. He's my youngest child and I'm still amazed that I get to be 'dad'.

His favorite word these days seems to be 'dad'. As in, 'Dad, will you open the door for me.' 'Dad, will you help me move my motorcycle?' 'Hey Dad, can I go wis you?' 'Bye, bye Dad'. 'Hey Dad, I heard an airplane.' 'Dad, will you pick me up.' 'Dad, wrestle me.' 'Dad, watch me.' 'Hey Dad, Look _________ ' -- you can fill in the blank with 'watch me pee', 'watch me do a somersault,' 'watch me ride my motorcycle...'

He's a total joy.

Just a few minutes ago I was hangin' out on the downstairs couch for my obligatory Sunday afternoon nap when he came in. He jumped on me over and over and over and we wrestled and cuddled and as I was singing that silly Barney song, 'I love you' he began to sing it back to me in echo and my heart was flooded with joy and reverence and awe. For this was a holy moment. A moment of deep fellowship between me and my son. WOW!

I know from having a 'dad' who just called me that it's a powerful on boths sides of the deal. Being 'dad' is incredible and being 'son' is full of joy as well. I've been blessed because I was loved and am loved by a real 'dad'.

So, everyday, I remind myself that being 'Dad' is among God's greatest gifts to me and to give being 'dad' a high priority as I plan my busy weeks. I often experience the triple whammy of too much to do at work, needing to earn more and climb the career ladder, and wanting to be half the dad my dad was to me. You may get caught in the same triple whammy and wonder what to do.

Andy Stanly wrote an incredible book called, 'Choosing to Cheat' that will you some tremendous insights into how to handle the triple whammy. It's a quick and powerful read for daddys who want to get this dad business right.

Perhaps you and your church would benefit from a Daddy-Power(tm) Workshop to help learn to deal with the Triple Whammy. If you'd like to learn more about that just post a comment in the comment box and let me know how to get in touch with you and I'll get back to you asap so we can explore it a bit more.

So, here's to being a better daddy -- even in the midst of the triple whammy!

Enjoy your children!
Jeff Fuson

p.s. If you are a 'rising leader' who's excited about advancing the Kingdom of God, then you need to RUN to
Rising Leader Alliance.com and splash around a lot! Join the community, sign up for FUEL, grab some cool tools, maybe even post your story so that other leaders will be inspired by what God is doing in your life!

p.p.s. If you lead an organization that could use an ENERGY INJECTION then consider bringing me in to do a Custom Crafted Training Experience for you. I'm launching some very cool Adventure Training and Action Learning Experiences that you and your team could benefit from. Drop an email to me and we can talk more.

p.p.p.s. Host a Daddy Power (tm) Event at your church to encourage the Dads in your congregation to excel at their most important task -- being 'DADDY'. Drop me a email to learn more.

p.p.p.p.s. Okay last one! Feel FREE to distribute this content as long as you pass it along in it's entirety with all links in place pointing to original urls. Give credit where credit is due and use this to build other people up. Thanks for playing and thanks for passing this along. Jeff Fuson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home