Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Great Quotes on Doing the Life You Love

Okay, so I admit it... "I'm a readaholic". I read like a rabid dog and I've uncovered some great thoughts that I wanted to pass along to you so you could get fired up, too.

Dwight L. Moody's son said this about him,

"It may be safely said that in the beginning of all his greatest and most successful efforts he stood alone, acting against the advice of those best able, apparently, to judge of the matter -- with the one exception of his most valued human advisor, his wife" From page 111 of The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson

On Leader Development
From page 117 of The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson

I was eating lunch with a friend who has a PhD in leadership development. I asked him, "Based on all your research and experience, what would you say is the most important secret to developing world-class leaders?

He put his fork down. "Well, it's not a course, a lecture, or a book," he said. He then picked up his fork and started eating again.

His answer intriqued me. I asked him to explain.

"The single best way to develop leaders, he said, "is to take people out of the their safe environment and away from the people they know, and throw them into a new arena they know little about. Way over their head, preferably. In fact, the more demanding their challenges, the more pressure and risk they face, the more likely a dynamic leader will emerge."

I KNOW this is true for me in my life and in the lives of the leaders I'm developing. I specialize in crafting experiences that develop leaders. If I can ever help you craft a leadership development experience I'd love to do it. Just give me a call at 866-459-7815 or email to: jeff@risingleaderalliance.com

Using EXPERIENCES, MISSIONS, AND ADVENTURES as Leadership Development Greenhouses is a core value for us at Rising Leader Alliance.com. So, if that sounds like YOU or something your team needs please let me know and let's figure out how to develop more leaders faster for your endeavor.

Have a great one,
Jeff Fuson

p.s. If you are a 'rising leader' who's excited about advancing the Kingdom of God, then you need to RUN to Rising Leader Alliance.com and splash around a lot! Join the community, sign up for FUEL, grab some cool tools, maybe even post your story so that other leaders will be inspired by what God is doing in your life!

p.p.s. If you lead an organization that could use an ENERGY INJECTION then consider bringing me in to do a Custom Crafted Training Experience for you. I'm launching some very cool Adventure Training and Action Learning Experiences that you and your team could benefit from. Drop an email to me and we can talk more.

p.p.p.s. Host a Daddy Power (tm) Event at your church to encourage the Dads in your congregation to excel at their most important task -- being 'DADDY'. Drop me a email to learn more.

p.p.p.p.s. Okay last one! Feel FREE to distribute this content as long as you pass it along in it's entirety with all links in place pointing to original urls. Give credit where credit is due and use this to build other people up. Thanks for playing and thanks for passing this along. Jeff Fuson